Colour Challenge - Cycle 3
January 31, 2021 - Red (Left Side)
Animal wrapping paper that I got in college.
A piece of a Sticker Swaps envelope.
A heart doodle that I did in high school.
My name that my dad wrote on an envelope.
A newsboy from Fanshawe's newspaper.
A garlic bread coupon.
"You made it" from a Fanshawe brochure or booklet.
Feb. 1, 2021 - Orange
These stickers were previously in other books and I cut them out again. Someone gave me the Goofy sticker in grade 7 and Kermit was from around the time I was in nursery school. When I taped Kermit into my book, I saw that James from Thomas the Tank Engine was decapitated on the other side.
Feb. 2, 2021 - School Bus Yellow
I ended up taking the picture before I put it into my book. This comedy show was in 2011.
Feb. 3, 2021 - Yellow
1-3. Drink tickets/coupons my dad sent home from Florida.
4. A yellow background made from a pamphlet I got at the library.
5. A piece of a phone book cover I got a few months ago (I didn't keep the phone book haha).
6. Another random lady.
7. A strip of scrapbook paper.
8. A detective duck from junk mail.
9. Another duck from a Bath & Body Works bag.
Feb. 4, 2021 - Light Green
Two women from National Geographic.
A (black) sock label my dad sent home from Florida.
A strip of paper from Thrift/Craft Victoria (it fills in the hole of the black label).
One of my sock labels from Purple Moose Sock Company.
Feb. 5, 2021 - Dark Green
A random photo of a guy at Arby's that I bought at Attic Books.
Cactus scrapbook paper.
My dad sent home one of his Arby's receipts but it was starting to fade, so I made a photocopy and recycled the original.
Feb. 6, 2021 - Light Blue
A bookmark from Fanshawe.
A doughnut I recently cut out of a newspaper.
A cartoon person from a magazine about a library.
Another duck from junk mail. I used the same duck on another collage in 2015, so that's probably how old that is.
Some words I cut out from the L.C.B.O. catalogue.
Feb. 7, 2021 - Dark Blue
1-2. Pieces of my question sheet for Mike Manning. This was printed out before I was asked not to use Mike's middle initial. For the sake of this collage, I didn't cut it off because I have a hard time putting things on a diagonal. (Spoiler alert: Charlie dies-- or does he???)
3-5. Scrapbook paper.
6. The inside of an envelope.
7. A picture of Mike and I from our Zoom meeting on Jan. 26, 2021.
8. Last spring, I donated money to my local hospital to help buy equipment related to COVID-19. They are constantly sending me letters and asking for more donations, so I usually cut up what they send me. In this case, I decided to include the 2021 renewal thing because I did feel kind of renewed after this interview. I felt validated that someone I enjoy from the film and television industry took me seriously and carefully answered each question. Mike taught me that it is okay to say that you are proud of your work and I am proud of our interview! I have heard from Mike a few times since this interview which was also super nice! He said that his two dogs say hi.
Feb. 8, 2021 - Purple
A random lady.
A book mark from Fanshawe.
One of my notes from a film class.
My name that was printed on an envelope.
Feb. 9, 2021 - Magenta
This was another Valentine that I got in grade 4 or 5. I thought that was interesting since it says, "hipster" on it and I thought that was a more recent term. This was when I realized I might not have enough magenta things. So this spot might change into a "free choice".
Feb. 10, 2021 - Pink
1-2. Scrapbook paper.
3. A lady from the same photo shoot as the previous collage (Elle Canada).
4. A Kirby sticker from Sticker Swaps.
5. A coupon from one of dad's receipts.
6. I don't know where Bitchy Drag Queen Bingo came from, but I remember it being hard to cut out since it was so small.
Feb. 11, 2021 - Black
Feb. 12, 2021 - White/Feb. 13, 2021 - Grey
Feb. 14, 2021 - Brown
At first, I was disappointed that red didn't land on Valentine's Day but then I thought this was funny.